If you’re looking into a new home heating system propane might be a great option for your home. Propane heating is efficient, safe, and can even save you money. Let’s look at some of the benefits!
- Propane is very versatile. Not only can you heat your home with a propane system you can also use it for your water boiler, BBQ, stove and oven, fireplace, and clothes dryer. There are many propane run appliances that make switching worth it!
- Propane is high energy, meaning it can keep your home warmer faster! On average it takes an hour for an electric hot water tank to heat up but a propane one can do it in 20 minutes. A propane dryer will dry clothes in half the time!
- Great in an emergency! While propane furnaces still need some electricity to work they can work on a much smaller generator than an electric furnace. A propane stove can easily be lit when the power is out so you can still cook. And it’s super efficient to run a generator off of propane too!
- Safety first! Propane is a safe choice with the tanks being especially leak and puncture proof. The added odorant makes it smell like rotten eggs so if a leak does happen it’s easy to spot quickly.
- And best of all, propane can save you money! With propane’s high efficiency you could see savings of up to 30% compared to electric heating.
Interested in learning more about how propane could work in your home? Head over to our propane page here or give us a call!