- “West Nova” or “Company” means West Nova Fuels Limited, and any affiliated companies providing services in relation to this Site;
- “User” means any person using this Site or the services offered in association with this Site by West Nova;
- “We” or “us” refers to West Nova; and
- “You” or “you” refers to any User.
- What Constitutes Personal Information? Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual, but may not include certain business contact information that West Nova collects, uses or discloses solely for the purpose of communicating or facilitating communication with the individual in relation to their employment, business or profession.
- Collection of Personal Information. We may collect the following personal information about you at our Site, if you choose to provide it to us or as required or permitted by law:
- Address (postal and email) and telephone number;
- Credit card and other financial and payment information (if we make such transactions available);
- Testimonial comments from you about our products and services;
- Other information as required or permitted by law, or as provided by you.
The information above is generally collected from you, but we may also obtain such information from financial institutions as permitted by you or as required for us to provide our services to you.
- Use of Personal Information: Your personal information may used by us as permitted or required by law and for the following purposes:
- To provide our products and services to you;
- To process invoices and your payment by credit card, debit systems or other billing options;
- To contact you for customer follow up and to seek your input and advise you about products and services of West Nova and its affiliated companies, but only your name, address and telephone number will be used for this purpose.
- Sharing Your Personal Information: We may share some or all of your personal information as required or permitted by law and as follows:
- To contractors and agencies that work with us to provide our products and services to you, who will be provided access to personal information as needed to perform their functions, but we shall not authorize them to use your personal information for other purposes;
- To financial institutions and their affiliated companies for the purpose of processing your payments to us;
- To collect any debt you may owe to us;
- To affiliated companies and independent contractors for the purpose of customer follow-up and to seek your input and advise you about products and services of West Nova, but for this purpose we shall not share more than your name, address and telephone number;
- To another company or business, in the event of a proposed or actual transfer of ownership of all or part of our company to that other company or business, but for this purpose, we shall not authorize use of your personal information beyond the scope of any such transaction or this Policy;
- We may use your testimonials at our Site and in our promotional and advertising materials, but we shall only do so without your name or without your surname, unless we have further consent from you.
You will be given the opportunity to opt out of having your information used for purposes which are not directly related to the provision of our products and services. For example, if you do not want to receive information about additional products and services that may be available from West Nova and its affiliates from time to time, then you will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving such information.
- How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information? We retain your personal information as needed to respond to your queries, and/or as long as you remain our customer. If your relationship with us as a customer ends, we may use and disclose your personal information as required and permitted by law, to conclude any outstanding matters relating to your relationship with us, to contact you for customer follow up, and to seek your input and to advise you about products and services of West Nova and its affiliated companies that may interest you. If you do not wish to receive any such further information, please contact us as indicated under the “Contact Us” heading below. We also retain your personal information as necessary to satisfy any potential legal obligations we may have.
- Contact Us. If you wish to file a complaint, make an inquiry regarding or obtain access to your personal information that we may hold, please contact us as follows:
Privacy Officer – West Nova Fuels Ltd.
73 Falkland Street, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, B0J 2C0 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that access may not be provided to certain information which is protected by lawyer-client privilege, constitutes confidential commercial information, was collected in respect of the investigation of a breach of an agreement or of law, or is generated in respect of dispute resolution.